Want to learn how to create different textures and design in your wet felting work? Then this class is for you!
I will show you how to create amazing surface textual designs using wet felting techniques.
We will be making a sampler scarf using different surface design and texture techniques, and I will be asking you to choose three colour wools to work with. In the “what to bring”, I have asked you to bring any organic fibres or yarns, along with organza fabric in two colour themes. Although this is not mandatory it might give you a little more scope as I only have a limited colour range in yarns and organza fabric and by bringing two colour themes it might help when choose the right colour wools from the range that I have. However, don’t worry if you haven’t got any of these things, as I do have a nice range to choose from, as long as you are not fussy.
Maximum of 4 people
What you will learn
- How to lay out wool rovings to create a scarf from scratch.
- How to blend different colour wool rovings.
- How to use resist to create frills, flowers, craters and pockets.
- How to use different fibres to help enhance your work.
- How to felt non organic fabrics.
What to bring
- Two old bath towels
- Any organic fibres or yarns that you think you might like to incorporate into your scarf, keep these to a colour theme, and maybe bring two colour themes along with you.
- 50cm of Organza fabric keeping with your two colour themes.
Terms and Conditions:
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Class fees will be refunded or alternative date offered if the class is cancelled by The Fabric and Felt Studio.
- There will be a $50.00 cancellation fee for any cancellation received within 7 days prior to the class with the remaining fee refunded.
- Alternatively the class can be gifted to a friend should you not be able to make it.
- No refund will be offered once the class or class course has begun.