Like my original Quilt as You Go class this class is great fun, easy and ideal for the beginner sewer or quilter. Quilting can often be a lengthy process but in this class I will show you how to construct squares using the quilt-as-you-go method. In this class we will be joining the squares together to make a cushion cover using Lynne Wilson Designs pattern. However you can use this method to make a quilt of any size using traditional sashing and binding methods.
I will show how to quilt as you go, line up your seams and fussy cut.
You have two kits to choose from in two colour ways.
1. Anna Maria Horner/Amy Butler or
2. Renee Nanneman/Tilda/Riley Blake/Devonstone.
Please indicate in Comments as to which colour way you would like.
What’s in included:
A pre cut kit using either of the two colour ways, so it can be completed within the class time and you will take home the top of your cushion cover ready to complete the cushion your way, at home.
Lynne Wilson Designs Gypsy Pillows pattern to take home. This pattern also includes an additional pillow design for a rectangular pillow.
5 hour tuition
What to bring
• A sewing machine in good working order. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please remember to bring the manual for reference.
• A walking foot for your machine. If you do not have a walking foot for your machine then you will need to buy one. It is an expensive purchase but you cannot quilt successfully without one as it allows you to run multiple layers of fabric through your machine with ease. This is a lifetime investment as you can also use it for other general sewing projects.
• Sewing supplies like scissors, quilting pins or regular pins and cotton thread (cream or grey depending on which colour project you pick).
Please bring a light lunch.
The Studio has two Janome sewing machines available for you should you not have your own. (Please indicate in the comments box at checkout online to reserve a machine for your use.) I can also supply all sewing equipment for you to use during the class. PLEASE NOTE: that there is an ADDITIONAL COST of $20.00 payable on the day for this service.
Once you are in the swing of quilting and handling a machine, and understand the purpose of some of the sewing equipment and items you will use, I have a range of high quality supplies available to purchase in the shop.
Terms and Conditions:
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Class fees will be refunded or alternative date offered if the class is cancelled by The Fabric and Felt Studio.
- There will be a $30.00 cancellation fee for any cancellation within the 6 days prior to the class with the remaining fee refunded.
- Alternatively the class can be gifted to a friend should you not be able to make it.
- Should you cancel on the day of the class, no refund will be given