This class is great fun, easy and ideal for the beginner sewer or quilter. Quilting can often be a lengthy process but in this class I will show you how to construct a quilt using the quilt-as-you-go method. You will learn how to free hand machine quilt your individual squares, how to join them together and then how to bind the quilt.
A pre cut kit (pictured) is included in this class so it can be completed within the class time and you will take home a sampler quilt.
The finished sampler quilt size is approximately 67cm x 33cm.
What to bring
• A sewing machine in good working order. You need to be able to drop your feed dog on your sewing machine. If you are unfamiliar with your machine, please remember to bring the manual for reference.
• Darning foot for your machine. This allows you to easily do your free hand machine embroidering. You can do without one but having one will make it easier. Most machines
nowadays come with one.
• A walking foot for your machine. If you do not have a walking foot for your machine then you will need to buy one. It is an expensive purchase but you cannot quilt successfully without one as it allows you to run multiple layers of fabric through your machine with ease. This is a lifetime investment as you can also use it for other general sewing projects.
• Sewing supplies like scissors, quilting pins or regular pins and cotton thread (white or light pink).
• Monofil thread – this is a fine Polyamid transparent thread used for machine quilting and invisible seaming. I do sell this thread should you not be able to get it elsewhere.
Please bring a light lunch.
The Studio has two Janome sewing machines available for you should you not have your own. (Please indicate in the comments box at checkout online to reserve a machine for your use.) I can also supply all sewing equipment for you to use during the class.
Once you are in the swing of quilting and handling a machine, and understand the purpose of some of the sewing equipment and items you will use, I have a range of high quality supplies available to purchase in the shop.
Terms and Conditions:
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Class fees will be refunded or alternative date offered if the class is cancelled by The Fabric and Felt Studio.
There will be a $25.00 processing fee for any cancellation with the remaining fee refunded if cancelled within 7 days.
Alternatively the class can be gifted to a friend should you not be able to make it.
No refund will be offered once the class or class course (i.e. a class that runs over a number of different days) has begun.